Level 3 First Aid at Work Requalification Course (VTQ) – FAW
The Level 3 First Aid at Work Refresher is ideal for most businesses whose risk assessment has identified that they require a fully trained first aider for their workplace and they need to re-qualify their certification. All courses are delivered, evaluated and quality assured to meet the new guidelines set out by the HSE in October 2017 and meet the requirements of the First Aid at Work (First Aid) regulations 1981 and subsequent 2017 changes.
We offer onsite first aid at work requalification training in Dumfries and Galloway including Stranraer, Newton Stewart, Dumfries, Wigtown, Kirkcudbright, Annan, Sanquhar, Lockerbie, Gretna, New Galloway, Dalbeattie, Langholm, Moffat, Castle Douglas, Lochmaben, Portpatrick and Whithorn. We also cover Glasgow, Edinburgh, Sterling, Perth, Dundee, Ayr, Falkirk and Aberdeen. We also cover Northern England and will happily take bookings in Carlisle, Newcastle, Penrith and surrounds.
This course must be at least 12 contact hours and run over a minimum of 2 days and the certificate is valid for 3 years. The FAW course must be delivered as a 100% classroom course and candidates completing our FAW courses receive access to our video library for refreshing skills and reference.
This course is only valid for people who already hold a valid First Aid at Work certificate as they can take this 2 day course programme rather than the full 3 day FAW. You must however have a copy of your original first aid at work certificate.
The HSE strongly recommend that all first aiders complete an annual first aid refresher courses and our online course meets this requirement.
Please be advised that the classroom course has a minimum age requirement of 16.
Prices for our classroom based course:
2 day L3 FAW requalification £130pp with significant discounts for groups
Please contact us through our contact us page to discuss all your first aid at work requalification training course requirements.
- First Aid at Work Regulations and Rules
- Accident Reporting
- Activating Emergency Medical Services
- Fears of First Aid
- Barriers – gloves and face barriers
- Initial Assessment and airway management
- Unconscious Breathing and Recovery Position
- The Heart
- Sudden Cardiac Arrest, Heart Attacks and CPR
- One Rescuer CPR
- Compressions only CPR
- CPR Handover to a Second Rescuer
- Introduction to AEDs
Other Primary Care First Aid Problems
- Adult Choking, Conscious and Unconscious
- Serious Bleeding Management and Wounds
- Shock Management and types of Shock
- Spinal Injury Management
Specific Injury Management
- Injury Assessment
- Breaks, Fractures and Splinting
- Strains and Sprains
- Types of Wounds and Practice Bandaging different Injuries
- Embedded Objects
- Burns and Scalds
- Head Injuries
- Temperature Injuries – Heat Stroke, Heat Exhaustion and Hypothermia
- Eye Injuries
- Bites and Stings
- Crush Injuries and Chest Injuries
- Electrical Injuries
- Illness Assessment
- The Respiratory System and Hypoxia
- Anaphylactic Shock
- Heart Attack
- Asthma and Respiratory Problems