Galloway First Aid considers your privacy to be paramount and is committed to safeguarding the privacy of visitors to our website and our clients. The way in which any personal information is treated is set out in the following document.
Information we collect about you and how it is collected
The information listed below* may be collected if you register your interest or book on our courses through the website, or by telephone or email. The legal basis for processing the data is legitimate interests in most cases, to enable us to provide information about your qualifications and improve our services as listed below.
In some cases your employer may purchase a course on your behalf and provide us with your name and email address so that we can register you on the course and email you joining instructions or your login so that you can start your online training. Your employer may also be provided with a training dashboard which also holds that data along with qualifications awarded.
We may also receive information about the status of your online training course, which would be provided by ProTrainings, so that where mandatory online training is required for your qualification, we can ensure that this has been completed prior to you attending our classroom training.
*We may store any of the following data:
- Contact Information
- Age (only if you are completing a regulated qualification)
- Email Address
- Prior Learning Information – (details of qualifications you already hold)
- Qualifications you would like to obtain
- IP address
- Geographic location
Why we need the information.
- We may use your information to provide you with quotes, course dates and prices and other information requested by you either by email, the contact form on our sites or by telephone. Our legal basis for using the information is Legitimate Interest, so that we can provide you with a service you have requested.
how THE DATA is used AND THE BASIS FOR THIS
- We may use your contact information to provide you with invoices and receipts, joining instructions, pre and post course information and reminders. Our legal basis for using the information in this way is Legitimate Interest to make sure that you have the information you need for the course that you or your employer has purchased.
- By providing information about your prior learning and current qualifications, we can tailor training or ensure that the training you are undertaking is suitable for you, our legal basis for using this information is Legitimate Interest .
- We may contact you about other courses or training equipment that you may need to deliver your own courses. Our legal basis would be Legitimate Interest, to help us to grow our business and to help promote continued learning.
- All learners who complete a course with Galloway First Aid have the option to provide feedback through forms sent by ProTrainings although no personal data is displayed.
- We are obliged to hold information relating to financial transactions, these would include invoices, payment information and statements. Our Legal Basis for retaining this is that we are legally obliged to do so by HMRC.
- Data stored relating to regulated qualifications is required to be kept for seven years
Where do we store data.
Any data imputed to your training dashboard is stored on a secure server with ProTrainings EU.
Any email information and other data is stored on our secure computer.
Who we share your data with and why we share it.
We only share data where necessary for certification purposes and to provide you with access to online training for certain qualifications which are provided by ProTrainings Europe Limited or TQUK to provide certification.
We may share your data with:-
- Training Qualifications UK – To provide regulated certificates for Teaching/Assessing and Verifying qualifications.
- ProTrainings Europe Limited (our sister company)- To provide certification for First Aid at Work Qualifications and for the online training modules for First Aid Instructor, FPOS, FROS and Pet Instructor Courses.
- ITG Supplies Limited (our sister company) – To provide you with quotes or information about first aid equipment – only at your request.
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you.
You may instruct us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes by emailing us at
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
For any of these requests please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org